Sunday, May 19, 2013

Life Lately

A few weekends ago I went back to my hometown and celebrated this wonderful lady for Mother's Day. I can only hope I am half the mother she is. Love my mama to pieces! 

 Also, while I was home I took part in Peoria's Race For The Cure in honor of my best friend's mother, Sonja. It was absolutely amazing to see thousands of people come together to spread awareness and raise money for breast cancer. It is near and dear to me and I couldn't have been happier to participate this year.

Baking has become one of my hobbies lately, and this happens to be one of my favorite concoctions I've created to date. I was actually very surprised how gorgeous it turned out. And, the husband said it was as good as it looked. Homemade peach cake with made from scratch peach icing.

We have planted flowers all around our house and our yard is finally coming together. I will admit, this was done by Jared :) 


This past weekend we road tripped 4 hours back to Jared's hometown. It's a long ride, but I truly love the sprawling landscape the state of Iowa has to offer. It makes me truly appreciate the beauty of Iowa.




 Spring has finally arrived! Gorgeous blooms!


No comments:

Post a Comment