Monday, April 29, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding

When your friends start getting married your whole world fills with so much joy and happiness for them. But nothing exemplifies that feeling more than when a best friend gets married. Those very emotions ran deep within me on April 6th.

Set in Peoria, IL along the Illinois River, Kaley and Josh tied the knot in one of the sweetest and dear-to-my heart weddings I've been to.  The feelings that resonated with their wedding were nothing more than TRUE. True love, true friendships, true beauty, and true to who Kaley and Josh are. With the bridesmaids dressed in the most perfect shade of lavender and the men wearing sophisticated charcoal suites, it was clear Kaley has impeccable taste for style.  The colors together were the perfect match for a beautiful Spring day. Let's not forget about the bride and groom. Kaley wore a gorgeous ivory dress that I still believe was made for her! The sheer elegance that flowed throughout the dress suited her perfectly. It was simple but still had a touch of glam with a beautifully detailed band that accentuated her perfect shape. I certainly can't leave out the veil. This cathedral-style veil added a dramatic touch to the look and flowed flawlessly with the shape of the dress swaying behind her when she walked. It was enough to make anyone swoon. I may add,  it was her something borrowed from yours truly :) To top off Kaley's bridal look was the most GORGEOUS bouquet ever! When I saw the flowers arrive my heart about melted. It was that moment that I knew just how much I truly LOVE weddings and everything they encompass. You can see pictures of exactly what I'm talking about when I say breath-taker bouquet!  And then there was her groom looking handsome as ever in a light gray suite. I thought this was such a special touch to put the groom in a different colored suite than what his groomsmen were wearing. It was subtle but strong. Paired together, they looked absolutely stunning!!

I had the very pleasure of not only having the honor of standing next to Kaley as one of her Matrons of Honor, but Kaley also gave me the opportunity of doing some partial planning and styling for her big day. Don't get me wrong, this girl put a lot of hard work, planning and choosing of her beautiful details; I was just there to simply help a sista out :) We continued with the hues of purple and gray theme throughout the reception decor. Kaley wanted it simple but elegant. This venue completely showcased that. The church had so much beautiful detail and gorgeous architecture that it sent chills throughout me when I first walked in. The reception venue didn't sell itself short either. With beautiful views of the river and contemporary elegance, it was sure to provide a perfect gathering place for everyone to enjoy Kaley and Josh's special day. To see more details check out the pictures below courtesy of Deidre Lynn Photography.

Kaley and Josh are high school sweethearts, survivors of dental school relationships, dog lovers, the perfect example of true love, and the best friends anyone could have! Their day could not have been more perfect for them and I could not be happier for the two of them.























No comments:

Post a Comment